Purchase your Township of Hamilton Dog Tags at the Hamilton Township Municipal Office.

See Fees and Charges for Dog Tag Fees

Municipal Animal Services

The Corporation of the Township of Hamilton, the Town of Cobourg, the Township of Alnwick/Haldimand and the Municipality of Port Hope partner the Joint Animal Services program.  The Joint Animal Services program offers animal pick-up services for domestic animals (dogs and cats) within the four municipalities' catchment area.  Hamilton Township operates the Municipal Animal Services facility. 

Township of Hamilton By-law 2014-23 as amended by By-law 2015-34 - Regulation of Dogs

Municipal Animal Services
2363 Theatre Road South
c/o Hamilton Township Municipal Office
8285 Majestic Hills Drive
P O Box 1060
Cobourg On K9A 4W5
Telephone 905 885-8092 Dispatch
Telephone 905 885-7808 Municipal Animal Services

Hours of Operation 
Monday- Friday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Saturdays- 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Sundays and Statutory Holidays: Closed

See our attached Managing Human and Wildlife Conflicts brochure.