Township of Hamilton Responds to COVID-19

Due to concerns related to COVID-19, our Municipal Office and Fire Halls are closed to the Public. Our Arenas and Recreation Facilities open by appointment only at this time. Please contact us at (905)342-2810 or through our website, as we are continuing to respond to your inquiries and requests for service.

 How many local cases of COVID-19 are there in Haliburton County, Northumberland County and the City of Kawartha Lakes? Please visit the HKPR Health Unit.


How can I make payments if the Municipal Office is closed to the Public?

We have multiple payment options available to help you pay your property taxes.

Methods of Payment:

1. Online Banking

  • Using your online Bank, search for Hamilton Township, in a drop down menu Hamilton Township Taxes will appear. There could also be a similar version or short form of this, depending upon your financial institution.
  • Remember that your tax roll number is your account number. All account numbers will be 19 digits and start with 1419, ending with 0000.

2. Mail in cheques or place them in the secure drop box at Township office:

Mail in cheques to  Township of Hamilton, 8285 Majestic Hills Drive, PO Box 1060, Cobourg, ON K9A 4W5, or deliver to Township of Hamilton Office at 8285 Majestic Hills Drive, Cobourg, ON K9A 4J7 (Drop box available to left of main doors).

3. You can make tax payments at your local branch. Please remember to bring your bill to the bank with you!

4. Pre-Authorized Payment Plan

You can set up pre-authorized payments by:

  • PAP payments have the option of withdraws:
    • 3 times per year on the installment dates
    • 10 times per year from February to November withdrawn on the 3rd of the month (or following business day if the 3rd falls on a weekend or a statutory holiday)
    • Printing out and completing our pre-authorized payment form
    • Choosing your plan
    • Attaching a void cheque or pre-authorized debit bank form
    • Sending it to us by email ( or mail 

How can I make Water Bill payments if the Municipal Office is closed to the Public?

We have multiple payment options available to help you pay your water bill.

Methods of Payment:

1. At the bank

  • You can pay your water bill at your bank; remember to bring your water bill with you. 

2. Online with your financial institution

  • Search for Hamilton, then search for some form of Hamilton Township Water, enter your water account number which is located at the top left portion of your most current water bill without the decimal points (8 digits in total)

3. Pre-Authorized Payments

  • Your water account must be current to go on this plan

  • Fill out our pre-authorized form located on our website under How to Pay your water bill

  • Attach a VOID cheque or pre-authorized debit bank form

  • Return via:  

    • Email

    • Drop off to secure drop box located at Township office (8285 Majestic Hills Dr, Cobourg, ON K9A 4J7), or

    • Fax to 905-342-2818

 How can I pay my parking ticket?

To pay any parking tickets received from the Township of Hamilton, please:

  • Write the number of the Parking Infraction Notice on the front of your cheque or money order and make it payable to Hamilton Township
  • Mail your payment with the green notice to Township of Hamilton, PO Box 1060 Cobourg, ON K9A 4W5, or deliver to Township of Hamilton Office at 8285 Majestic Hills Drive, Cobourg, ON (Drop box available to left of main doors).

Dishonoured cheques will be subject to an administrative charge. An administrative fee is payable if the fine goes into default and the information may be provided to a credit bureau. Please allow sufficient time for your payment to be delivered.

What about the post-dated cheques I provided for my property tax payments?

Post-dated payments will be processed as normal, unless directed by the property owner. If you can pay your property taxes, please continue to do so. By waiving the penalties and interests, the Township is hoping to give residents, who are in need, more time to make their payments.

If you would like the Township to not process your post-dated cheque, please indicate this in writing by emailing

I am on a pre-authorized payment plan (PAP), how will I be affected?

The Township is continuing with all PAP withdrawals as normal, unless directed by the property owner. If you can pay your property taxes, please continue to do so.

If you wish to withdraw from the PAP program, please complete and email the PAP Cancellation form to

If I withdraw from the Pre-authorized Payment Plan, can I return to the plan later?

Anyone who wishes to re-enroll on the pre-authorized payment plan must be aware that all overdue amounts must be paid in full prior to enroll as the system does not allow enrollments with owing amounts on the account. 

Re-enrollments will be treated as new applications and therefore, an application form will need to be filled out and a void cheque provided to the Township.

How does a resident who pays through their mortgage defer taxes?

Residents must contact their Financial Institution and determine whether they can and if so, the Financial Institution must contact the Township. The Financial Institution must advise the Township to remove the resident from their listing as the taxes are no longer paid through their mortgage.

How can I make Tax certificate requests?

Tax certificate requests should be mailed or placed in the secure drop box at the Municipal office in writing along with a cheque of $45.

The Tax Certificate request can also be made via fax and faxing a copy of the cheque being issued.

Tax Certificate will not be mailed until payment is received.

Please ensure to identify the property by including the property location and/or address, legal description and assessment roll number as applicable.

For more information email or call 905-342-2810 X104


 Press Releases

April 24, 2020 - Communique

March 25, 2020 - Press Release 

March 18, 2020 - Press Release

 Closures and Cancellations

 Due to concerns related to COVID-19, all Hamilton Township Facilities are closed to the public until further notice. This includes, the Municipal Office, Arena’s and Municipal Playgrounds.

Other Information

 Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit

 For the latest updates on COVID-19 from the Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit, please click here.

For information on the cumulative data on confirmed COVID-19 cases in the HKPR District Health Unit area, please click here.


If you have questions about COVID-19, you can contact the Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577 x5020 or email at


Provincial COVID-19 Self-Assessment

If you think you have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, use this self-assessment to help determine how to seek further care.

Start Self-Assessment


Page Updated: June 18, 2020 at 10:00am